Thai Mango Sticky Rice
With Mango season upon us, I thought I'd go out of my way to make my favorite dessert (aka call my mom for her recipe)
Mangoes have always been my favorite fruit & I would absolutely choose this over chocolate anyway!
What you need:
- 1-2 very ripe mangoes
- 2 cups glutinous sticky rice
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2-4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1tsp cornstarch
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse, boil cover & set aside your sticky rice
- In a separate pan make the coconut sauce by lightly boiling the coconut milk & letting the coconut sugar, sea salt and starch dissolve.
- Let it sit and thicken.
- Add half of the coconut sauce to the rice, mix well & let the rice soak in the sauce.
- Plate about 1/3 cup of sticky rice and add the mango slices.
- Drizzle the rest of the coconut sauce over the rice.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.